About a week later, I had a routine doctor appointment where they found a lump. Within days, I had a mammogram, ultrasound and was sent for a biopsy. Then, waiting... waiting is always the worst. There is bliss in ignorance and power in knowledge but what do you do with the in between? Well, we just wait and lean into God and let his peace continue to carry us. Oh, and we may have also indulged in a little "retail therapy" as we now refer to our sudden desire to shop when we need a distraction. I'm quite sure that retail therapy is a genetic condition passed down from my Grandma Kennedy and affects most of the women in the family.
Anyway, after three days of waiting, we got the call... you have cancer. Invasive Ductal Carcinoma to be exact. In that instant our world changed. God had been preparing us for this. There are points in life where faith becomes something much more than believing that God exists. In this moment, we don't know why and that doesn't seem important. What we know is that God doesn't waste anything... even cancer. In all things... even this... God works for the good of those who love Him (Romans 8:28). Thanks be to God.
Thanks for sharing! Praying like crazy for you!
ReplyDeleteThinking about you toms and praying just as often!
ReplyDeletePraying for you dear friend!
ReplyDeletemike
Praying for you & Ross as you begin a similar journey I made over 5 years ago. Thinking back to that time I remember the overwhelming feeling of the unknown. So much information to digest, making decisions, feeling scared. Looking back, I know that God had given me challenges and heart ache in the past to prepare me for this journey. For me it was over a year long process of treatment and surgery. I believe that you will be strong through everything, because you have now become a fighter and are determined to be a survivor with the very best outcome from your treatment and surgeries. Using this blog to keep everyone informed will not only be a blessing to you but to all of your family and friends. It amazed me how much God used this journey for me to enrich my relationships with those I love and cherish each day, and also give God all the glory!! I'm a phone call away.
ReplyDelete