Friday, March 20, 2015

Update

I wanted to give everyone a quick update:

We are in a stage of gathering information.  Thankfully, we have great insurance so I'm getting 3 opinions - Spectrum, St. Mary's and Mayo Clinic.

We know that right now the tumor seems to be fairly small.  During surgery they will test my lymph nodes to be sure that they haven't been affected.  The result of that test will determine whether I will need chemo or not.  Radiation is likely but is also dependent on surgery and lymph node involvement.  We are heading to Mayo next week for the final opinion.

Overall, this process feels a little bit like buying a car.  We're "test driving" hospitals, oncologists, and surgeons.  The downside is that there's no consumer's report on doctors and I can't return my boob to the store if I don't like how it turns out after surgery.

So, we ask for prayers for clarity and wisdom as I make these decisions.  Please also pray that we may continue to experience God's peace and strength and trust him in each step of this process. 

1 comment: